2. What is Personal Data?
For individuals covered by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
For individuals covered under California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA), the personal information means information defined under the Act as amended.
For individuals not covered under above, FarEye defines personal data as data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, government issued identification information, education information, payroll information, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
3. Information That We Collect
In the course of using this Website, FarEye collects the following data:
When you subscribe to our e-mail alerts, we collect your name and e-mail address.
When you download an e-book, checklist or other content from either our Site or another social media platform, we will collect your name, contact number and e-mail address as well as any other content included in form, in order to send you materials relating to such content.
If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information being asked for in the survey form.
If you apply for a demo, in the demo form we will collect information mentioned in the demo form.
If you apply for a job, we collect personal information as well as your resume which includes the information related to you as well as other contacts/references mentioned by you.
For existing customers of FarEye SaaS service, using web and mobile application, while using our services, we collect your geolocation data (which is stored in encrypted form) to improve your overall mapping experience. This data is specifically used in order to perform our business functions and provide you with services such as-
- Tracking of shipment location
- Real-time predictive visibility on the estimated time of arrival
- Optimize routes in real-time to shrink delivery turnaround time
- To enforce and validate the location of the parcel
- Image Geo-Tagging
We may also collect personal data at other points in our Site that state that personal data is being collected.
However, we do not collect/ process the following types of data:
Sensitive data like data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or political beliefs, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health and persons’ sexual life and/or sexual orientation, Legal data, Data on or about children.
4. Use of Data
We collect and use personal data to ensure we provide you with informative and timely sales and marketing material. During our engagements, we collect personal data so that we fulfil our obligations of the Services.
- When you subscribe to our e-mail alerts, you automatically become a part of our mailing list through which we familiarize you with the latest addition to our products lines, offers, promotions to your e-mail id.
- When you download an e-book, checklist or other content from either our Site or another social media platform, the download is part of a series of information and it is in our legitimate interest to provide you with additional emails and marketing materials pertaining to the downloaded materials so that you have the most accurate and up to date information. If you choose not to continue to receive such information, we make it very easy for you to opt-out of these emails, please refer data subject rights below.
- If you register for one of our webinars, we may share your personal data with the co-presenter(s) of the webinar as stated in the registration form of the webinar.
- When you request for a demo, we may to personalize your experience we do collect certain information written in the form which we may use to contact you over phone, email or other appropriate mediums and to send you regular updates and also to send feedback forms to you to understand your experience on your e-mail ID.
- When you submit your application for a job on our website, we may collect certain information written in the form which we may use to contact you over phone, email or other appropriate mediums and to contact references/past employers mentioned in the resume.
5. Third Party Sharing
We may share information internally within our family of companies or with third parties for purposes described in this policy. Information collected within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) may, for example, be transferred to countries outside of the EEA for the purposes as described in this policy. We utilize standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission, adopt other means under European Union law, and ensure there is a legal basis to process the personal data to legitimize data transfers from the EEA to the other countries.
- We use third party Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and other vendors to help us process personal data.
- We use third party email hosting services to send email.
- We use third party customer relationship management tools to help with management of business related data.
- We use third party billing and credit card merchant systems to process payments.
- We use third party ticketing and help systems to support our customers.
- Though our third party service providers are bound by the privacy regulations and control through our contractual terms, we make no promises regarding the policies or business practices of other third-party websites.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal data to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- We may disclose your personal data without your permission to the extent that it is required to do so by European Union or National law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
6. Third Party Links
7. Data Subject Rights – Your Choice
Right to be informed
You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data. If we receive such a request, we will provide you with information like- our purpose for processing your personal data, retention periods for that personal data, and with who it will be shared with.
Right to rectification
You have the right to have inaccurate personal data be rectified, or completed if it is incomplete. Such request can either be made verbally or in writing. However, this right is not absolute and we can refuse a request in certain circumstances.
Right to erasure
You have the right to get your personal data erased and we understand when such right applies.
Right to restricted processing
You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of processing of your personal data. Though, this is not an absolute right and is applicable only in certain circumstances. Whenever we receive such a request, we may restrict processing depending upon the circumstance however, we can store your personal data.
Right to data portability
You have the right to get your personal data to move, copy or transfer from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without affecting its usability. It is our responsibility to transfer your personal data structured, commonly used and machine-readable formats.
Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. It depends upon our purpose of processing as well as the lawful basis of processing. Such right can also be evoked in case where your personal data is processed for the purpose of direct marketing or for carrying out a task in public interest or in the exercise of lawful authority vested in you. Such right is limited where personal data is being processed for scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes.
Right to access
If we receive a Data Subject Request from an individual whose data we have by using our website/other means or whose data we process on behalf of another party, we will inform them of such a request and work with both the third party (as the case maybe) and the individual to complete the request.
You can exercise these rights by emailing at email@example.com. After we have confirmed your relationship with us and have the proper authorizations, we will provide you with information and process the request. We ensure to respond to your requests without undue delay and within one month of the receipt of request. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity or find your personal data.
If you believe that any personal data we are holding on you is incorrect, incomplete or shouldn’t be processed, please contact us as soon as possible, at the contact information below and we will promptly take the appropriate action.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for any marketing or sales material. To do this, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not use your personal data for decisions based solely on automated processing if the decision produces legal effects concerning you or significantly affects you, unless you gave your explicit consent for this processing.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, adopted reasonable security practices and procedures comprising of managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures with a view to ensure confidentiality and prevent unauthorized disclosure of personal information.
In order to review the robustness of the above security practices and procedures, we also get ourselves annually certified under ISO/IEC 27001 Standards through an agency of international repute.
However, no system is 100% secure and your personal data cannot be guaranteed. You must ensure you protect your username and password and do not share it with others. If, despite all our efforts, a data breach does occur, we shall do everything in our power to limit the damage. In case of a data breach which is likely to result in a high risk, and depending on the circumstances, we will inform you about remedial actions to prevent any further damage. We always inform the relevant data controller, supervisory authority or authorities without undue delay.
FarEye shall not be responsible in any manner whatsoever for any violation or misuse of your personal information by unauthorized persons' consequent to misuse of the internet environment or things beyond control of FarEye.
10. Data Retention
We will not store your personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which we have processed your personal data including our legal requirements to retain data after completion of the Services. How long we retain your personal data depends on the laws governing such data or till the time customer requests for deletion of data.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Notice on this page. In some cases, we provide additional notice of changes. If we make material changes to how we treat your personal data, we will notify you by email to the email address specified in your account and/or through a notice in the application or on the Site. The date the Privacy Notice was last revised is listed at the top of this page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date, active and deliverable email address for you and for periodically visiting our Site for changes and updates.
If you have a complaint with how we have handled a Subject Access Request, please let us know and we will try to fix it. You can email the Data Protection Officer (DPO) at email@example.com or by calling +91-120-6205800. If you are dissatisfied with handling of any privacy complaints, if you do not receive timely acknowledgement of your complaint, or your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed please contact the CTO and firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or questions or complaints about the processing of your personal data by FarEye, please contact:
Data Protection Officer
Lotus Business Park,
Plot No.8, Tower B, 5th Floor, Sector-127,